January 10th brings the Wolf Moon, the first full moon of the year. Take a moment during this month to focus and direct your energy toward a year-long-goal. By setting intentions and keeping them close, we can facilitate the path that we choose. Setting intentions directs the mind and gives us purpose. Focusing on your heart and what’s important to you creates clarity and self-discovery devoting you to finding your dharma. Here is where transformation lives, it takes some soul searching, but you will reclaim your inner navigator and find a sense of deep contentment.
How to Set an Intention:
- Connect with the elements of your life that are most significant to you and bring you to most happiness and energy. What fills your heart with passion and a gives you a sense of purpose? Meditate and listen to your inner voice, allowing yourself to connect with your truth.
- Make a list and share it with a close friend who is supportive and can help keep you focused on your goals. Sharing your goals with others and speaking it out loud helps make you accountable for you actions. Try to do something today to help you demonstrate your commitment to your intention.
- Create a word or mantra that sums up your intentions. This will become something you can use to reinforce your intention and integrate into your actions.
- Once you’ve integrated your intention into your actions, release it. You’ve successfully planted the seeds into your awareness. Stay centered and refuse to allow others doubts or criticisms shake your focus. In your heart you know that everything is alright and will be all right, even without knowing any details.
- Trust in the process and that there are powers greater than you at work to orchestrate the complete fulfillment of your intentions. Don’t force an outcome, it may not be as good for you as the one that comes naturally. You have released you intentions into the world full of pure potentiality and they will come to fruition when the time is right.